Monday, May 4, 2020

Scrubs Podcast



Scrubs is one of my all time favorite shows, I became hooked from episode one and I can't believe that it debuted 19 years ago in 2001.  The only thing wrong with the show is that it didn't end at season 8 and for anyone that is a fan of the show they know what I mean.

The season eight finale was THE PERFECT television show finale, then ABC wanted to milk it for a 9th season and ruined it's beautiful exit.  Unlike How I Met Your Mother who ruined their own finale by having more after Ted said "And that's how I met your mother."

There are days when you just want to watch a quick episode of a show that you don't really need to pay attention to but can enjoy thoroughly.  For my wife that show is Friends, she's actually watching and episode right now.  For me it's Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother (my wife too), and Are You Being Served.

Recently Zach Braff & Donald Faison, who played JD & Turk, started a podcast called Fake Doctors, Real Friends a Scrubs rewatch show.  Each episode they look at a single episode of the show, they have a fan call in guest that asks a couple questions, and so far they've had Bill Lawrence, Sarah Chalke, John C. McGinley, and Judy Reyes on as guest. 

The chemistry that Turk & JD had during the run of the show is real!  Zach & Donald really do seem like best friends that love each other.  In fact the whole cast seems to love and miss each other.  There would be no "Behind the Music" documentary looking at the dark side of this show because it simply doesn't exits. 

The podcast is a little over an hour, it's hilarious, and you get so many behind the scenes facts and tidbits from the show.   If you are a fan of the show it's well worth your time and it's just plain fun to listen to! 

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment