Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Scoobynatural

I have been a fan of the TV show supernatural since episode one, however around season tenish my passion for it began to falter.  Quite frankly the show ran it's course and should have ended.  Sure occasionally a great episode would pop up here and there but by the season 13's mid-season hiatus I was done. 

When the show started back up I never finished the season and haven't watched an episode since.  It was announced that season 15 was going to be the final season so I figured that I would finish it at some point
  

The other day I started back watching from where I left off and it was Supernatural as I remembered it, nothing spectacular.  Then episode 16 Scoobynatural came on!  Holy cow it was awesome! They did a fantastic job on combining the two shows and it filled me with nostalgia.

Dean & Sam rescue a shop owner from a possessed giant stuffed dinosaur.  He gives Dean a big screen TV and this TV is "cursed" sucking them into the classic animated show "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" specifically from season 1 episode 16 "A Night of Fright is no Delight".


If you have Netflix you just need to go and watch it, I loved it!  We got a lot of classic Scooby moments, including a chase scene with the classic Scooby Doo theme playing during the chase.  Of course Dean was hot for Daphne and Velma was hot for Sam and his broad shoulders.


They even got the current Scooby-Doo cast voicing the characters, Frank Welker as Fred Jones & Scooby-Doo, Grey Griffin as Daphne Blake, Matthew Lillard as Shaggy, and Katie Micucci as Velma Dinkley.


It's hard to believe that Scooby-Doo debuted in 1969 and is still cranking out new cartoons today.

Until Next Time! 


2 comments:

  1. This is so great! I just watched this episode about a month ago and even wrote a review for BrandonsHorror.com.

    I, too, loved Supernatural, especially seasons 1-5. I made it up to season ten as well before finally tapping out. However, Scoobynatural is amazing and is a must see for fans of both tv series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recall reading your review and thinking then that I really needed to go and watch it.
      I finished season 13, can't say I was blown away but I'm going to finish the series I feel like they have to end it well.

      Delete