Tuesday, May 26, 2020

College Grad

Sunday night my final assignments were due and today they were graded, although my grades have not be officially finalized I do know that in my final two classes I walked away with A's.  Two years ago in a bid to get a better job in the State my wife said I should take some classes to earn a degree, a couple days later I got an email from my Union about a free college benefit and I took advantage of it.

I started my first online classes at Eastern Gateway Community College in August 2018 to earn my Associates Degree in Business Management.  EGCC is not just and online college, they have two brick and motor campuses in Ohio and even have sports teams, Go Gators!


Each sixteen week semester was broken into two 8 week sessions so classwork was doubled each week.  I was a full time student taking five classes a semester in the Fall of 2018 and Spring of 2019.  I took two classes over the summer of 2019 to make my finals semester easier.  I had five classes again in the Fall of 2019 but only four classes in the Spring of 2020.

Taking these classes the last two years was very time consuming!  It was also a struggle at times to stay motivated, especially after I got the job in the AIU in September 2019.  However it was all worth it and in 8 - 10 weeks I will receive my degree in the mail.  I've accomplished something I never thought I would, earned a college degree.  I took twenty-one classes with fifteen A's and six B's for a 3.76 GPA.

Now that, that is finished my plan is to return to writing.  Yes I have two blogs that I write on, but I have done any creative writing since I started college.  Creative writing is an entirely different process for me than writing on my blogs.

After years of trying I was finally published in October 2016. "The Legend of Thaddeus Bilodeau" can be found in Tales from the Grinning Skull Vol 2.  I know people self-publish, and that's great for them.  However I wanted someone to read my work, like it, and pay me money for the rights to put it in a book.  I want that to happen again.


So I'll keep writing here, and on The Wrestling Insomniac, and I'm going to read some more, but I'm also going to focus on being published again.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment