Monday, May 11, 2020

Movie Locations

For years I have looked at websites and most recently Instagram feeds with images of popular locals that movies were filmed.  I've often thought about visiting those places myself, where my favorite movies were filmed or moments were filmed.

My favorite flick The Evil Dead, I'll never have the chance to visit, buildings have been torn down, it's now on private property, and it's very far from my home here in Maine.  Other films though are attainable if I make the attempt, a few Stephen King movies filmed right here in Maine for instance.

A scene from the film Thinner was filmed at the Augusta House of Pancakes here in Maine.  Not only have I eaten there several times but I have eaten at the booth the scene was filmed.  I have pictures somewhere but of course I can't find them.

I've been to Marshall Point Lighthouse in Port Clyde many times where a scene from Forest Gump was filmed but I didn't go for that reason.  Several other films have been filmed in Maine but I don't have a need to go see every location, just certain ones like the house from Pet Sematary the 1989 film.
  

In an odd turn of events I was watching the 1971 horror film Let's Scare Jessica to Death on Shudder last summer and in the movie they ride on a car ferry across a river and you saw the name of the ferry in the film.  When I looked it up to see if it was still around it was, in fact it's the second oldest continuing operating car ferry in the United States.  The wife and spent a couple nights in New Haven in August 2019 and rode the ferry.  It was fun!

I haven't made a list of specific places that I want to visit yet but off the top of my head Friday the 13th Part II was filmed in Connecticut and several of those locations still stand.  That would be fun to see.


Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment