Saturday, May 9, 2020

Friday the 13th 40th Anniversary

Thanks to Twitter I was alerted that the original Friday the 13th film was released on May 9, 1980 making today it's 40th Anniversary.  Naturally that means that I'm going to be watching it tonight.


In fact that is exactly what I am doing right now while I type this, I'm 25 minutes in.  At night after everyone goes to bed I find myself alone wondering what to watch and I waste so much time picking something out.  I'm glad that the decision was made for me tonight.

There were so many low budget, cast of unknowns horror flicks in the 1980's.  I always thought it would be really cool to be in one someday.

In other ramblings, the last time I got my haircut and beard trimmed was at the end of February.  The boys and I have an appointment on May 22nd to get a trim.  My barber ship is 90 years old and they have never had appointments before, they have always been walk in only so this is weird for them.

Incidentally, they are not allowed to trim beards as we have to wear a mask while we get out hair cut so today I trimmed my own beard.  I have messed it up in the past and had to shave the whole thing off and start over so I've always just let Julie do it to ensure I don't mess it up.  Julie has been cutting my hair for almost 20 years.


I have one of those manscape trimmers, I put the 6 mm guide on it and just trimmed it all down.  It actually looks pretty good.  I won't dare try to cut my own hair though. 

Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment