Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Kindle Fire 10

A couple years ago my wife bought us both Kindle Fire 7 tablets for Christmas during an Amazon Black Friday sale.  I never wanted a tablet in the past and didn't think I would use it much.  I was wrong!  I used it all the time, especially at work on  the midnight shift in dispatch.

About a year and a half later we decided to order Wesley a tablet for the educational games that he enjoyed playing on his mother's.  Instead of buying him a new tablet we bought me a Kindle Fire 8 and gave him my old one. 

I was very happy with my 8 and even though my wife had bought herself and ipad 10 I had no interest in a bigger tablet.  My buddy Rood and Cousin Paul had encouraged me to get a Kindle Fire 10 as you can read comics on it much easier as it's a full page on the screen instead of partial pages.  Also I never intended to use my tablet as an e-reader because I like to hold books in my hand, however I stumbled across several books that I wanted to read but physical copies were upwards of $40 whereas the kindle editions were $5.

Last fall I applied for a new job and decided that if I didn't get the job that I would buy myself a 10 when Black Friday rolled around.  If I got the job though I wasn't going to buy it because I figured I would use it much, much less.  I got the job.

While working from home due to the Covid-19 Pandemic I have been giving the house a deep clean and discovered three Kindle Fire 7 tablets, two won't even turn on anymore and a third works but no one uses it.  Amazon has a trade in where you can mail in your old tablets, only two at a time, and they will give you $5 for a broken one and $10 for a working one plus 20% off a Kindle Fire upgrade.  I wanted the $15 in Amazon gift cards. 

When I got the notification that my tablets were accepted and I was issued my gift card and coupon I thought, let's see how much it would be.  Well the Fire 10 was on sale for $109.99 and they gave me 20% off that making it $87.99.....so I bought it! Well I ordered it, the only color they had left in stock was a white one and I didn't want that. 

They estimate that it will arrive June 20th.  And I'm good with that as I don't know how much I'll use it exactly.  I'm using the hell out of my Fire 8 right now, but I'm also not in the office most days.  It was too good of a price to pass it up.

I did just get a ton of free trades from Comixology so I know I'll be reading some comics at the very least.

Until Next Time!

1 comment:

  1. I don't use my tablet near as much as I used to, but having a ten inch tablet will totally change your comic viewing experience for sure! I kept an old 10 inch tablet for years, just for comics, because that extra screen size does so well with that format.

    Sounds like you got a good deal with all the trade-ins!

    ReplyDelete