Monday, September 21, 2020

Halloween by Curtis Richards


The 1978 John Carpenter film Halloween is one of my favorite movies, I've even had the chance to see it at Pride's Corner Drive In a couple years ago as a double feature with the original Nightmare on Elm Street.  Back in 1979, a year after the movie was released, a novelization based on the original Halloween screenplay was released.  I learned about it a few years ago and have not been able to find a copy for under $100.   However, I didn't manage to find a epub copy thanks to the internet.

I read the book over the course of several evenings on my kindle before bed, and I found a few differences between the book and the movie but for the most part it follows the movie pretty spot on.   Unlike the movie we get the see Michael Myers point of view and get a look at what is going on in his mind.

One big differences in the book that is not in the movie the inclusion of Samhain and some backstory of the Myers family.  

If you're a fan of the movie you need to read this book, I"m not going to spoil it here for you.  I will tell you that I enjoyed the book, I enjoyed what was added to the story that we didn't get in the movie.  

If you need help getting a digital copy of the book leave a comment and I'll help you out. 

Until Next Time!

2 comments:

  1. I've been putting off reading this for too long. I really gotta get on it.

    ReplyDelete