Sunday, September 6, 2020

Book Club: Things I Can't Explain Chapters 7 & 8

Welcome to the Things I Can't Explain Book Club, this post I'm looking at chapters 7 & 8.  You can read my buddy Brandon's thoughts on the chapters here.

Chapter 7:  Clarissa land a job interview to be a financial investigative journalist, something she states she is not at all qualified for.  The remainder of the chapter we find all about Sam and what he is up to now.  In short he is a globe trotting marine biologist surfer who doesn't do social media and barely does cell phones, he still likes to write letters.  Which I can get behind.

Chapter 8: This chapter focuses on her clothing style choice and her closet.  She even mentions her mom's style and could immediately see Janet Darling from the TV show in my mind.  The chapter finishes when we meet a new friend named Jody who sends Clarissa a panicked text that "IT HAPPENED AGAIN"

Thoughts: Both of these chapters were short and neither contained any information that I need to take a deep dive on.   I am happy that we got more information on Sam and what he is up to.  I know the show was called Clarissa Explains It All and there were several secondary characters, but to me Sam was essentially the co-star of the show.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment