Sunday, September 6, 2020

August Movies Watched

Here is a recap of all the flicks that I watched in August and my thoughts on them.

I have my older kids every other extended weekend.  My son and I have taken to watching a movie almost every night together and it's a mixed bag each and every time.

Super Troopers 2, the not as good as the original sequel from Broken Lizard.  Still very funny and enjoyable.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, the Steve Martin and John Candy classic that actually holds up.

Paradise Beach, watched this on Netflix, you should just avoid it.  A bank heist goes wrong, one guy goes to jail for 15 years, he gets out and meets up with his gang in another country, everything goes wrong.

Summer Rental, John Candy's first feature film, it's been years since I saw it.  Watched this on a movie night with my cousins Jonny & Jason

Blow The Man Down, Amazon original murder mystery that takes place in a fictional Maine own and was actually filmed in Maine.

What Keeps You Alive, watched this psychological thriller on Netflix, I enjoyed the hell out of it and would give it a hard sell. 

In Search of Darkness - Amazing Documentary on 80's Horror films can't recommended it enough if you can find a copy of it to watch.

You Should Have Left - Kevin bacon flick about a supernatural house, I got this from the Redbox, it was okay

Disney's Robin Hood - this animated one for a family movie night, it was Wesley's request for popcorn and a movie and we all obliged 

Project Power - Netflix original flick about a pill that gives people powers for five minutes.  starring Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, solid flick and well worth your time.

Sleepaway Camp - I got the Shout Factory BluRay for a great price, I had never seen the unedited movie before and holy shit that ending. 

Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers and  Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland - I watched both of these on Amazon Prime, Pamela Springsteen, sister of The Boss, stars at the titular character.  Lots of boobs along with some campy violent kills make for a pair of fun movies.

Short Circuit - Another movie night with the cousins, I haven't watched it in YEARS and it's still decent for what it is. 



The Evil Dead - FINALLY AT THE DRIVE IN! Best pal John and I attended the Skowhegan Drive-In for this Grindhouse Releasing tour of his amazing classic flick! 



Pieces - second feature at the drive-in with The Evil Dead, it was amazingly bad in that awesome go out of your way to watch it way.


Inglorious Basterds - another movie night with my son

Phineas & Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe - A popcorn and movie afternoon with Wesley and Addison, Phineas and Ferb may just be the best kids cartoon that I didn't grow up on. 

Saw IV - I randomly put this movie on and Canaan joined me, he's seen them all. 

Silence of the Lambs - I've been watching Hannibal the series on Netflix, this was on Netflix and I hadn't seen it in years, thought it was a good time for a re-watch. 

Saw V - Canaan wanted to watch this the next night.  Saw is probably the best horror franchise of the early 2000's. 


Until Next Time!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Sleepaway Camp II and III. I saw them years before seeing the first film and I just love how fun and cheesy they are.

    ReplyDelete