Thursday, September 3, 2020

Blogging for my MOI class

Part of my new job in the Access Integrity Unit is to teach Terminal Operator Certification at the Maine Criminal Justice Academy.   In order to teach at the Academy I have to take, and pass, a training class called Methods of Instruction or MOI. 

MOI is a two week course where we learn the Academy way to create a lesson plan and teach a class.  We learn a lot more than that but those are the two main takeaways.  There are 13 people in my training class and I am the only one that is not a police officer. 

We have to do four presentations in this class, the first is a 2 minute one from a word we select at random from the role of a die.  When you are watching everyone else, as they are talking I can think up multiple things that I would say about there word, and then I got up there.  My card had HAMMER printed on it and let me just say it was a rough two minutes.

I gave the basic definition of a hammer, I looked at the card.  I named a bunch of different hammers, I looked at the card.  I talk about Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, I looked at the card.  I said hammer rhymes with stammer which is what I feel like I am doing now, I looked at the card.  I have 90 seconds to go.   I guess if I thought if I kept looking at the card on the table behind me that said HAMMER on it, it would inspire more wisdom of hammers.   Needless to say it didn't.   Of course after I was done I thought up numerous hammer related topics. 

The second presentation was a three minute one.  I talked about professional wrestling, how people like to tell me it's fake.  I talked about the history wrestling, why they started working matches, and how it's all about making money.  I think it went really, really well.

The third presentation is 10 minutes long, and we need to make a lesson plan.  I'm doing my 10 minutes about having a blog.  Let's hope what I've done the last 10 plus years has paid off with a little but of knowledge.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment