Tuesday, June 9, 2020

My Childish Anger

The Evil Dead is my favorite movie, hands down anytime someone asks me I always answer this movie. There are plenty of other movies that I love but this is my favorite.  I own various copies, all it's sequels, the remake, and various merchandise of the franchise.

I was lucky enough to help bring it to a theater in Portland, Maine in 2011 when Grindhouse Releasing was touring a 35 mm print of it so I was able to watch it on the big screen.  But I've always wanted to see it at the Drive-In.  I've been asking the few drive in's in Maine to screen it for years.

Last week Grindhouse Releasing messaged me on Twitter asking if I had contact information for Pride's Corner Drive In in Westbrook which is the one that I frequent the most.  I connected the two and have been waiting eagerly to see if it will happen.

At the beginning of May the wife and I decided to go away for  the weekend in June camping with our son at Pinegrove Campground and Cottages in Medway.  We've gone the last two years with all my kids and we are going again in July, but decided to go way this weekend with just our son Wesley.  So we both have half works days on Friday June 12th and are staying two nights coming home Sunday the 14th. 

We've really been looking forward to just getting away, sitting by the campfire, relaxing and more importantly disconnecting from the world.  The campground doesn't have WiFi and we do not have cell service at the campground. 

Today, June 9th, both Grindhouse Releasing and Pride's Corner announced that they would be screening The Evil Dead for one night on Saturday June 13th at 11:30pm

FUCK ME

Before anyone asks it's 195 miles from the Drive In to the campground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment