Saturday, June 6, 2020

More about the movies I've watched lately

With Covid-19 I've been working from home and I have been putting some movies on my tablet and letting them run while I complete my work.  Here is what I've watched and what I think about them. 

The Lovebirds

When I saw the trailer for this movie I was very excited about it, as was my buddy John.  Then corona virus hit and it was announced that it was going to be released directly to Netflix!  Finally I watched it and sadly it was just okay, a bad variation of the movie Date Night.  I guess watch it once, but that's all you'd need to. 

Ready or Not


I watched this on HBO, it's a decent flick about a family that forces the person that marries into the family to play a game on their wedding night.  It doesn't really explain why but you understand at the end why.  The trailer shows that the new bride is being hunted by the rest of the family.  It is a dark comedy and the ending is very interesting and I found unexpected 

21 Bridges 

Film is about a robbery gone wrong where cops are killed.  The head detective wants to shut down Manhattan Island and it's 21 bridges to find them.  Movie was predictable at times while being different.  Like, I saw that coming but it didn't resolve the way I thought or it typically does.  I would recommend this movie. 

The Vast of Night

I watched this on Amazon Prime on it's release date, I just didn't know it was it's release day.  I frggin' love this movie!  If it is ever released on DVD I will be buying it.  The short gist of it, in 1950's New Mexico a switchboard operator and a disc jockey pick up some strange transmissions over the airwaves and look into it.  I loved it!

Death Wish (2018) 

It's been a very long time since I've seen the original.  This is a solid classic Bruce Willis bad assery film.  I think most of you know the plot, Bruce Willis' family is wronged and he is seeking revenge on those that wronged him.  I enjoyed it. 

Butterfly Kisses

This is a very unique found footage flick, I've never seen one like it before.  This movie is about a guy making a documentary about the footage that he found and everyone thinks that he made it up. 

Villains

Based on the trailer that I saw this is not what I was expecting.  It goes off the rails from what I was expecting pretty much straight away.  I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, but at the same time for me it's a one time watch.

No Holds Barred

This movie came out when I was 10 years old, stars my then hero Hulk Hogan and was just as awesomely terrible as I remember.  I mean two people die at the end of the film and the audience cheers!! 

The Wrong Missy

Netflix original from the Adam Sandler studio.  Overall it was pretty good, but I found it very annoying at times.  David Spade is going on a corporate retreat to Hawaii and decides to invite a long this girl name Melissa that he met and connected with.  Instead he invites along his blind date from hell with the same name.  "Hilarity" ensues and parts are just a little too over the top for me.

Spencer Confidential

Another Netflix original starring Marky Mark.  Based on the same book series that the 1985 - 88 television series Spencer for Hire is based on.  Boston cop goes to jail for assaulting a superior officer, gets out of jail and is driven to solve a wrong doing bringing down corrupt police.  Solid flick I enjoyed it, worth your time. 

Dangerous Lies

Netflix, really bad just avoid it!!  Seems like it was a bad TV movie of the week.

The Last Days of American Crime

Worse than Dangerous Lies!  There is so much wrong about this movie.  Set in a world were the US Government is going to flip a switch sending out a signal that prevents people from doing something that they know is lawfully wrong.  The run time is just way too long and it's full of useless story that could have been cut to speed up the flow of this film.  I can't say this enough don't waste your time.

Aftermath

Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a man whose wife and daughter are killed in a plane crash and how he deals with the loss.  Scoot McNairy plays the air traffic controller who feels responsible for the accident.  This is based on actual events from a 2002 incident.  Much like The Foreigner was for Jackie Chan, this is a much different movie than we are used to seeing Arnold in.  It was good, but it's a one time watch for me. 

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment