Monday, June 22, 2020

Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day, my wife had invited her Dad, brother, and nephew over for breakfast, normally they go out to eat but with Covid-19 she decided to make breakfast herself.  We were all a lot more excited about her making breakfast than going out, my wife is an amazing cook.

She made bread on Saturday, used that bread to make french toast, cooked up bacon, sausage, home fries, and at the request of her brother corned beef hash.  It was a big ole pile of food, and I enjoyed a small portion of each.

I got a new Maine Gazetteer by Delorme as a gift, mine was old and damaged.  I know we live in the digital age, but I like having the Gazetteer with me on our travels.  We drive a lot of remove places with no cell service.  We have a New Hampshire & Vermont one as well.  I hope to teach my kids how to read a map and not to just rely on GPS to get them where they need to go.

After cleaning up the breakfast dishes we went to my wife's Aunt's house on Togus Pond for a swim, the water was gorgeous.  We planned on staying for an hour or so and spent over 4.5 hours there.  I even ran to McDonald's to get the kids lunch.  They were having fun, we were all enjoying the water, and it was so nice out with the breeze and the water was refreshing.  Canaan probably jumped off the dock fifty times.

Once we got home I mowed the lawn and weed whacked while listening to a couple podcasts, I get a lot of satisfaction out of my nice looking lawn.  The Undertaker on Corey Grave's After the Bell was very good, not long enough though.

After cleaning up I took in the final chapter of the Undertaker Last Ride documentary.  Overall I really enjoyed the five part series.  I loved the Boneyard match, but I really think he needs a proper send off in front of the fans. Maybe that will be when he goes into the Hall of Fame.

To finish the evening my son and I screened the 1979 classic Mad Max.  I haven't watched it in a few years and he's never seen it.  Pride's Corner Drive In is screening The Road Warrior next week, I may take him to go and see it.

For me, it was a great Father's Day as I got to spend time with my family and enjoy the weather. 

Until Next Time!

1 comment: