Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving Traditions

When it comes to Christmas my family and I have many traditions to celebrate the season.  I can't say the same for Thanksgiving.  The only constant since 2013 is that Kate is going to cook us a fantastic meal.  In fact that is why Thanksgiving is her favorite holiday, "Because the only expectation is a good meal, and I've got that down."  She certainly does!

I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade every year.  I'm not sure why because the constant lip synced singing always drives me crazy, but there's something about it that draws me in.  This year they still had a very scaled down version of the parade with a combination of live and pre-taped performances.

They also had to get clever and rely on a lot of local, as in acts in New York State, that could appear in it like the Coney Island Mermaid Parade and the Big Apple Circus.  They pulled it off with a very successful show.  Another tradition is that I watch football, but that's common practice for me on Sunday's and Thursdays depending on the game. 

A lot of other people watch the parade and football every year.  One tradition that is unique to me is that every year on Thanksgiving I watch the I Quit Steel Cage Match between Tully Blanchard and Magnum TA at Starrcade 1985.  From 1983 - 1987 Starrcade was on Thanksgiving Night, then in 1987 WWF started the Survivor Series forcing Starrcade to move to December.  

I've always wanted to go to Wrestling on Thanksgiving night.  Back in the day that was always a big night for wrestling and the record books will show that every territory ran on Thanksgiving night.  In fact many southern indie promotions still do!  

What are you Thanksgiving traditions?  

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment