Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A Christmas Story 2

Warner Premier
Release Date October 30, 2012
Runtime 85 minutes 

A Christmas Story is a classic beloved holiday movie written and narrated by the legendary Jean Shepherd.  The movie is also drawn from his classic stories.  There have been several movies over the years based on Shepherds works and they are all written and narrated by Shepherd himself.  I have watched and own them all and they are great!

A Christmas Story 2 features the same characters from Shepherds works however that is where it ends.  I cannot find one trace of any written works of Shepherds involved in this story, and I have read 5 of his books.

A Christmas Story 2 is not good.  The underline back story is actually really good, however the slapstick and day dream segments are excessive.  They tried to spoof as many moments and elements from the original as possible.

I can't imagine I'll ever watch this again.

Until Next Time

2 comments:

  1. Ive always been a bit curious about this direct to DVD sequel but I had a bad feeling about it. I'm now more interested in My Summer Story which I had no idea was a sequel to the original Christmas Story until last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Summer Story is great, as is Ollie Hopnoodles Haven of Bliss, and the PBS movies from the early 80's are good to.

      Delete