Tuesday, November 10, 2020

The Difficulties Deciding What Movie To Watch

Some people joke that the hardest decision of the day is, what are we going to have for dinner?  For me though it's, what movie am I going to watch?  Some days it's easier than others and those are the days when an anticipated film opens in the theaters, or comes out on home video, or drops on a streaming service.  On an average day though, I can waste so much time trying to find a movie to watch that by the time I pick one out it's now too late.

I've tried in the past to think about it during the day so that night I'm ready to go and it doesn't seem to work out.  Or I start a movie and I get half an hour in and its's just not very good.  So then I'm left with deciding do I want to finish this movie or just shut it off.  

Other times I'm just not in the mood for that genre of flick or not in the right frame of mind to watch it.  I get really frustrated with myself too!  The queues of my streaming services are full of movies that I thought looked good and wanted to watch at some point, some of them have been in there for years.

Back in October I found a page on Wikipedia talking about a group of directors they called the Splat Pack.  Coined in 2002 they list a collection of violent and gory films like Saw, Hostel, and ect.  I thought, this list is perfect, I'll watch these films.  However, I have seen every film on the list. 

Right now I"m working on making a list of movies and when I want to watch a film I'm just going to put on the movie at the top of the list and then cross it off.  I need to just take overthinking out of the equation.  Hopefully I can make this work.

It was so much easier back in the day when we rented movies at the video store.  You brought them home, you had a finite amount of time to watch them and if you didn't watch them you just wasted money. 

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment