Sunday, November 1, 2020

October Horror Movies & More Month

I attempted to do an October Horror month watching something horror related each day whether it be a movie or television show and sadly I was unable to accomplish that as I missed three days.  However, there were a few days where I watched multiple horror themed movies or programs. 

1st - Antebellum  - great flick, not what I expected based on the trailer, but I really enjoyed it.  

2nd - Ash vs. Evil Dead season 3 a bit embarrassed to say that this was my first watch through.  I didn't have Starz when season 3 first aired in 2018, and I did pick it up on bluray but it was all about waiting for the right time to binge it.  Life get's in the way sometimes and it got in the way a whole ton.  Today, my buddy John and I took vacation days sitting down and watching all 10 episodes.  LOVED IT!
Also today we watched the first episode of Monsterland on HULU, not what we expected. 

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976) - classic flick that doesn't get enough love

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (2014)  - a brilliant sequel that plays off the original extremely well

3rd - Haunting of Hill House episode 1 & 2

4th - Haunting of Hill House Episode 3

5th - Leatherface

6th - Haunting of Hill House Episode 4 & 5 - BENT NECK LADY!!!

7th - Haunting of Hill House Episode 6 & 7

8th - Haunting of Hill House Episodes 8, 9, & 10
Haunting of Bly Manor Episode 1 - super slow start, not as good as Hill House

9th - We Summon The Darkness - solid flick that wasn't what I expected it to me. 

Casper - Kate, Canaan, Wesley, and I saw this at Pride's Corner Drive In.  Earlier in the week Kate had said that she wanted to watch this movie but we didn't own it and it wasn't streaming anywhere.  Then Thursday she saw it was at the drive in and boom, we went.

10th - Monster Squad - such a childhood classic!  This was a family movie night flick at Kate's cousins, we were supposed to have an outside screening of Hocus Pocus but the weather disagreed and we moved it inside and switched films

Night of the Demons (1988)  I decided to watch this after we got home.  I haven't watched it in years, but it is just as I remember it.

11th - Garfield's Halloween - Addison wanted to watch this together, so we did/  She watched his Thanksgiving and Christmas specials right after. 

12th - Scare Me - Shudder original with Aya Cash about people telling stories to scare each other during a stormy night

13th - Never Hike Alone In The Woods - Friday the 13th fan film, sequel to Never Hike Alone. Excellently done!

14th - nothing

15th - Haunting of Bly Manor Episode 2

16th - The Mortuary Tales - watched this on Shudder, anthology film with stories of varying levels of goodness.  It's worth a watch for the final story.  

17th - Hocus Pocus - Family movie night at Kate's cousin's house outside on the 100 inch screen.  We had a fire going but it was a bit cold getting into the upper 30's.  

18th - Halloween  IV: The Return of Michael Myers

19th -  nothing

20th - Random Acts of Violence 

21st - nothing

22nd - It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - a traditional classic that for the first time since it air in the 1960's it's not going to be on network television!  Apple TV bought the rights to the Peanuts and it's airing exclusively there.  

23rd - Hubie Halloween - Adam Sandler character driven flick, it was what I expected it to be and I really enjoyed it.  I don't know if I'll watch it again, but we enjoyed it. 

24th - Halloween V: The Revenge of Michael Myers

25th - Supernatural - I got caught up on the episodes from the final season that had aired.  Honestly it's not great but it is the final season with only a few episodes to air that didn't make it before the pandemic shut down production last spring.  

26th - Disney Halloween shorts on Disney plus, various classic Disney shorts including The headless horsemen, which was not as good as I remember it, not even close! 

27th - Halloween VI: The Curse of Michael Myers

28th - Bad Hair - Hulu original about woman who gets a weave that feeds off blood, it was solid. 

29th - Halloween H20: 20 Years Later

30th - Garfield's Halloween

31st - Ernest Scared Stupid, Halloween (1978) Halloween II (1981) and Haunt.  Big marathon style movie day end the season.  Three classics and a new Shudder original in Haunt.  It's pretty damn good and worth your time to check it out! 

Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment