Saturday, August 19, 2023

Concert: Barenaked Ladies, Blues Traveler, and More



 August 19, 2012 Darlings Waterfront, Bangor, Maine

11 years ago today Katie and I went to  our first concert together.  She had purchased general admission lawn tickets with a former coworker, Chris, and someone else was going with them.  She said it would be great if I could go, the lawn tickets were sold out, but I figured I could buy any ticket and stand with them on the lawn area.  However I found two lawn tickets on Craigslist cheap and bought those, I wound up selling the second ticket to another friend of Chris.

I had been to a few concerts before this day, I enjoyed them but it wasn't something I sought out to go to.  I don't have regrets but I missed out on a lot of great acts that came to Maine over the years.  I also didn't have anyone to go to shows with, that certainly has changed with Kate!  

The real reason I wanted to go was petty jealousy.  At that time Kate and I weren't really together, we were just friends, but her going to this concert with another guy, essentially, made me confront how I really felt about her.  We rode up together and when I met Chris I quickly realized that I had nothing to worry about on the jealousy side.  


We had a great time and enjoyed all four acts. I can't find Cracker's set list but I remember they played sledgehammer.  Only regret was that I didn't buy the live recording that Blues Traveler was selling.  The only other show we have been too since then where that was an option was Jewel.  I think more bands should do that. 

I did not return to this venue until September 2022 for Stevie Nicks and the venue has completely changed from what it was to what it is. 


Barenaked Ladies
Four Seconds
The Old Apartment
It's All Been Done
Boomerang
Falling for the First Time
Shopping
Too Little Too Late
For You
Blame It on Me (Acoustic)
Brian Wilson
Pinch Me
Big Bang Theory Theme
One Week
If I Had $1000000 (with John Popper)
Barenaked Rap

Encore:
Alcohol

Blue Traveler
What I Got
Things Are Looking Up
You Don't Have to Love Me
Run-Around
Carolina Blues
Cara Let the Moon
But Anyway
Hook

Big Head Todd & The Monsters
Circle
Bittersweet
Rocksteady
Broken Hearted Savior
Sexy and I Know It (with Ed Robertson)
Free Riot (with John Popper)
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

Cracker
Sledgehammer

Until Next Time!

2 comments: