Friday, April 10, 2020

Snow Day in April

With this Covid-19 pandemic going on in my office at work we are rotating one person in the office and the other two working from home so we can socially distance ourselves.  Today, Friday April 10th, was my day in the office.

Yesterday afternoon a storm rolled in and when we awoke the morning we went from no snow on the ground for the last couple weeks to 8 inches of HEAVY wet snow.  I get to the office about 715 am for and get my settled in as the only person in the office.  About an hour later I get the text notification that the State is closed for the day.  Would have been nice to get before I left home.

I finish up and head home where my wife has been working at home for three weeks.  There are six people in her division and she was the only one that had both power and internet to be able to work.
I dug out the snowblower that I had put away last weekend and was able to get the driveway cleared up.  Worth it because the pavement dried up enough by the afternoon for the wife and I to play some basketball with my oldest son Canaan.

I had a doctors appointment today as well that I had to go to.  I've had some health issues for a while and like I mentioned in another post had gastric sleeve surgery back in February.  Today I got some fantastic news!  My A1C, which in July 2019 was 9.6, was 4.8 today!  I've been off my insulin a few days before surgery, but Dr. C took me off the rest of my diabetes medications today!  Basically a sustained level of 6 and higher makes you a type 2 diabetic.

I'm focused and I'm going to make this procedure work the way that it is supposed to!

Don't worry, not every post is going to be a health update or what I did that day.  However if that's what I feel about writing about that's what I'm going to write about.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment