Thursday, April 9, 2020

Current Happenings

There is so much going on in the world right now, it's an unprecedented time for all of us dealing with this Covid-19 pandemic.  Back on February 24th I had gastric sleeve surgery after being in the process for almost a year.  I had some complications and ended staying two extra nights in the hospital which lead to me extending my sick leave from two weeks to three weeks.

During those three weeks I couldn't do a whole lot and I was actually looking forward to going back to work.  My first day back at work I was told that the three of us would be rotating one in the office and the other two working from home.  Kate is also working from home full time with her job and we pulled Wesley from daycare.

I thought with the three of us at home it would be difficult, we would get annoyed with each other and have little fights.  None of that has happened, it's been really great.  We are able to get out work done, and we take out breaks going outside to play basketball when the weather allows it.

I've gotten a lot of little projects done around the house that I've been meaning to do.  Most of them deep cleans on things like Canaan's room, the play room closet, Gram-Gram's desk.  The pantry as Kate calls it is this weekend, it has become a catch all and I am not looking forward to it if I'm being honest.

The oddest part about what is going on right now is the stay at home order we are under.  Kate and Wesley never leave the house, other than to go for walks or play in the yard.  I only leave to go to the office or our once a week grocery shopping.

I'm not sure when like is going to get back to normal.  Then again, I don't want to go back to how it was.  I like the positive changes that I have made and I want to continue them.  I miss going to wrestling and the movies and being around people.  Honestly though it really hasn't been all that bad.  I think it helps that I have friends that I'm in contact with like Jay, John, Brandon, Mikey and others.

I hope everyone else is doing well and making the best of things

Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment