Friday, June 4, 2021

May Movies

It wasn't a great month for movies for me.  Not only didn't I only watch a few, but what I did watch, for the most part, wasn't that great. 

Possessor - Brandon Cronenberg flick that is just as odd and peculiar as his fathers movies can be.  I really can't recommend this movie. 

Afflicted - Found footage style flick from 2014 that I can give a strong recommend for.  Don't read the spoilers or the Wikipedia, just go watch the flick. 

Greyhound - This is an Apple plus original film. I've wanted to watch since I heard about it but we didn't have the service, however my wife recently bought a new Macbook and got a free year of Apple plus.  Fantastic flick that is legit nonstop from beginning to end.

Tom Clancy Without Remorse - Amazon original starring Michael B. Jordan as John Clark.  It was a solid movie but nothing spectacular.  A sequel "Rainbow Six" was announced at the same time as this film. 

Desperado - Robert Rodriguez flick that I loved in my younger years, but doesn't hold up for me. 

The Marksmen - Liam Neeson flick that isn't very good.  

The Goonies - Family movie night, always solid, always awesome!!

Those Who Wish Me Dead - HBOMax release starring Angelina Jolie, I'm not much of a fan of hers, but I really liked this movie even though I wasn't expecting too. 

Rambo: Last Blood uncut - Watched this on Prime, I've seen it before, heck I own, it.  It wasn't really a Rambo movie to me as he's in Arizona and Mexico, not the Jungles we are used to seeing Rambo in.  Part 4 was better. 

Spiral - The latest movie in the Saw franchise.  I saw this in the theater, my first movie in a theater since February 2020.  Chris Rock is a comedic actor, his voice is made for it, not a serious role.  I didn't hate the movie, but I didn't love it.  

Army of the Dead - Long ass Zack Snyder Netflix original.  I actually really enjoyed it, but it's not one I care to watch again. 

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment