Thursday, August 13, 2020

Writing for Me

When I started this particular blog I did so for me, to have fun with my writing and to write about what I wanted when I wanted and not feel obligated.  With my Wrestling Insomniac blog I do feel obligated to post new content on at least a semi-regular basis.  Sometimes this pressure that I put on myself takes away the fun of what blogging and writing is supposed to be.

Recently I felt this way about this blog, obligated to write and getting more annoyed with myself with each passing day for not posting something. 

Fact of the matter is, is that I have been writing, just not on my blogs.  I have been working on my History of Limitless Wrestling book, and undertaking far more daunting that I initially thought it would be.  However, I am excited about the progress that I have made.

Work has been a struggle this week.  The days are dragging long and once I get home the evenings going  by too fast.

I started a new book yesterday, Mustache Shenanigans by Jay Chandrasekhar, it came out in 2017 just prior to Super Troopers 2.  So far I am enjoying the hell out of it and am looking forward reading more of it.

I checked out the Kevin Bacon flick You Should Have Left, it was my first Red Box rental in months  It's a really solid flick, not what I expected.  If you like a unique psychological thriller with a bit of ghost story thrown in it well worth your time.

I'm changing my internet providers, currently I'm with Consolidated Communications formerly Fairpoint.  I was paying a good rate for 25mbps and everything we needed it for was working just fine.  However the rate went up and now for only $4 more a month I can get 100mbps from Spectrum so we are making a change.  I'm looking forward to seeing if the speed really is that much faster.

Until Next Time! 

1 comment:

  1. You Should Have Left has been on my list to watch for a while. I absolutely loved Stir of Echos and a reunion of Kevin Bacon and David Koepp excites me.

    I didn't know your next book was a History of Limitless, but that sounds amazing!

    And I totally get what you mean about feeling pressured to post. I'm not sure what it is inside of us that puts that pressure on us. It's just insane, it's just a blog!

    ReplyDelete