Sunday, August 16, 2020

Bucket List Achievement: The Evil Dead at the Drive-In!

Back on June 5, 2020 I got a Twitter private message from Grindhouse Releasing asking if I had a contact for Pride's Corner Drive-In in Westbrook as they had a special Drive-In edition of The Evil Dead that they wanted to tour around the county this Summer.  Of course I did so I connected Grindhouse Releasing to Jeff Tevanian the owner of Pride's Corner.

The reason Grindhouse reached out to me is because back in 2010 I was instrumental in helping bring The Evil Dead to the Nickelodeon in Portland, Maine when they had a new 35mm print they were touring.

This is my favorite film so to see it at the drive-in would be amazing!  But of course later on the 5th it was announced that the first stop on the Drive-in tour is June 13th at Pride's Corner and Kate, Wesley, & I had camping reservations in Medway.  Talk about disappointing!

For next two plus months I watched Grindhouse announce screening after screening no where near the State of Maine.  Then on Sunday August 16th while checking Facebook I got a notification from the Skowhegan Drive-In that they had added and event I might be interested in.


Needless to say I bought tickets for Saturday Night immediately!!  I love Pride's Corner, I would consider it "my" drive-in, but when they screened the film it was a midnight and a single feature.  Skowhegan is just a bit further travel time, and it's a double feature starting at 8:20 pm.  What's even better is that I've never seen Pieces, but I want too!

I asked Kate if she wanted to go, she said to check with my friends first and if no one could go she would.  My best pal John is going with me.  Interestingly enough though I found this in my Facebook memories;



I know for a fact she hasn't seen it since then whereas I on the other hand watch it multiple times a year!  I'll post a follow up to this on Sunday after going to see the films!

Until Next Time!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you. I know how much you love Evil Dead and seeing it at the drive-in truly is a unique experience. I haven't seen Pieces either, I think Joe Bob did a Drive In recently on it and I plan on checking it out soon.

    ReplyDelete