Saturday, January 16, 2021

More on my Leg

I ended up going to see the Doctor on Thursday because my leg seemed to be getting worse and it was painful and after my infection after my vasectomy I don't take chances.  Turns out I have Superficial Thrombophlebitis in my right leg as a result of the vein removal.  What's that you ask, great question! 

Healthline says: 

"Superficial thrombophlebitis is an inflammatory condition of the veins due to a blood clot just below the surface of the skin. It usually occurs in the legs, but it can occasionally occur in the arms and neck. Anyone can develop superficial thrombophlebitis, but females are affected more than males."

You can read their whole entry at this link: What Is Superficial Thrombophelbitis

I don't have this in my whole leg but my upper leg where the vein was the largest and most rope like taking up a lot of space.  I can't take an over the counter non-steroid based anti-inflammatory because of my gastric sleeve surgery I had in February 2020.  I called my bariatric surgeon's office on Thursday and left a message with the nurse but they didn't call me back.  Otherwise I'm going to wear a compression wrap while I'm awake and apply heat backs.  The swelling has lessened and it's not as painful as it was.  

I have a follow up on February 1st and then hopefully we'll schedule the vein removal on my left leg right after that.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment