Monday, January 25, 2021

Cabin Fever

I'm getting the cabin fever real hard the last couple weeks.  I love Maine, just not in the winter because I'm not a winter sports guy.  I love looking at the snow, but I don't ski, snowshoe, or snowmobile, as a kid I played pond hockey and went ice fishing.  Maybe as an adult I need to get back into ice fishing.

I'm very much looking forward to when we can be back outside, playing basketball, sitting in the sun, having a fire, going on hikes, swimming, fishing!  I'm very motivated to get outside this year to go on some fun hikes for both exercise and adventure.  

I think my restlessness the last couple weeks is because my leg has had to be elevated with a compression wrap so that really limits what I can do.  Add that with the pandemic and Covid making it so there are no movies, concerts, or wrestling to go to it really makes for a long winter.  Sure I can sit on my couch and watch hours and hours of content, but I'm getting tired of doing that.   I know several people that will be shocked to read that. 

Honestly it's even sucking my motivation away from doing things that I am typically quite passionate about.  I'd say I need a mental break, but I don't even know if that will fix me!  I've had this wonderful opportunity presented to me and I am jumping all over it, but even that feels overwhelming and if going to distract me from other projects I'm working on, that I'm lacking motivation over.

This post has gotten rambling and lacking structure.  I should wrap it up.

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment