Friday, November 26, 2021

It's the Christmas Season

I love me some Christmas, always have, it was my favorite holiday.  I just love the time of the year, the family get togethers, the food, the holiday spirit.  A then along the way someone made it very hard for me to enjoy Christmas, it just became more frustrating than fun.

My wife's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, as she says the only expectation is a good meal and she's got that down.  My wife has really made Thanksgiving so appealing and exciting, and she really is a marvelous cook. 

Last year on Black Friday, Wesley asked if we could go and get a Christmas tree, the look on his faceand the excitement in his eyes reminded me of how great Christmas was for me.  So we headed to the tree lot and picked out a nice one.  Christmas 2020 was one of the best that I have had in years.  Christmas 2021 feels like it's going to top last year easily.  

Before Thanksgiving Wesley asked if we were going to get the tree the day after again, and I said that we would.  Even my wife said that Wesley's excitement was rubbing off on her.  I mean who doesn't find a 6 years old innocent wonder and excitement contagious.  

The weather Black Friday forecasted rain with a mix of snow all day and I didn't want to bring a wet tree in the house, as the lot was open on Thanksgiving day I decided to get it that morning.  So at 8am when it opened Wesley and I were there to fetch the tree.  We had to be back by 9am to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, he was very excited to watch that.

We got the tree in the stand but didn't decorate it until Friday.  I worked in the morning, then when I got home Addison and I made the popcorn strands, Kate had already put the lights on it.  Wesley and Addison then decorated it.  I must say it looks fantastic!


We watched Christmas Chronicles 2 on Netflix while we trimmed the tree, so I guess it can be said that we are definitely full ahead Christmas!

Until Next Time!

1 comment:

  1. I gotta imagine having kids really creates a nice reminder of thr magic of Christmas.

    And I know I said it on IG, but damn that is a good looking tree

    ReplyDelete