Tuesday, February 2, 2021

January Movies

My January movie watching was a decent mix of old and new with some great classics in there.   

Midnight Cowboy - I've heard a lot about this movie over the years and it's on many lists for being a fantastic film.  Not to mention it won and Oscar back in the day, the only Rated X movie to win one.  The rating was later changed to R.  

Honest Thief - Liam Neeson being Liam Neeson in a very simply, formulaic story.  I enjoyed it, but nothing special

The Beast - Italian flick that is a poor rip off of Taken.  

The Bourne Identity - I love these flicks and it was not my intention to watch all of them, but I did.  I've watched all of the Jason Bourne movies multiple times.   

The Bourne Supremacy

The Bourne Ultimatum

The Bourne Legacy - This is only the second time I've watched this movie but it's really good!

Jason Bourne

Spree - I watched this flick on Hulu, it was a lot different than I thought it would be.  I did enjoy it thoroughly though.  

The Dead Don't Die - This movie stars Bill Murray, Adam Driver, & Cloe Sevigny and for all purposes it should be fantastic.  It wasn't.  There are some good parts but over all it's just not good at all.

Outside the Wire - A netflix original starring Anthony Mackie about a machine that turns against it's creators.  Again some great moments but not a great movie. 

Death of Me - I watched this on Netflix because it was directed by Darren Lynn Bousman who has directed a lot of movies that I am a fan of.  Saw II, III, & IV, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Mother's Day, The Dark Carnival, The Barrens, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming Spiral.  They can't all be winners.

Scanners - A David Cronenberg "classic" about telepathic and telekinetic people.  This movie is often talked about for the special effects especially the scene where the guys head explodes, and it is great, and the storyline is very good, the acting is terrible.  

The Empty Man - The first hour of this movie was amazing.  I really enjoyed it and really got into it.  It had a similar theme to Candyman or Bloody Mary where you do something that summons a supernatural being, but then it got convoluted and really started going downhill.  It was like a whole new crew took over and filmed the second half without seeing the first half.  

The Little Things - New flick on HBOMax with Denzel Washington, Rami Malek, and Jared Leto.  It was a good flick and it's worth a watch but it's a one time watch for me. 

North by Northwest - 1959 Alfred Hitchcock classic that the wife and I enjoyed together.  We really like it! 

An American Werewolf in London - This was my first time watching this flick and I could have gone without watching it.  It's a John Landis flick and I love him, just not this movie.  What you hear about is the amazing transformation scene, and it really is fantastic, but that's the highlight.  I wasn't expecting the comedic elements and I think it took away from what could have been a great movie.

Until Next Time!

1 comment:

  1. Midnight Cowboy and The Little Thibgs are on my list of movies to watch.

    I've also never seen Scanners.

    ReplyDelete