Monday, October 26, 2020

Book Club: Things I Can't Explain Chapters 27 & 28

 

Welcome to the Things I Can't Explain Book Club, this post I'm looking at chapters 27 & 28.  You can read my buddy Brandon's thoughts on the chapters here.  You and read about the other chapters by looking at this blogs past posts.

Chapter 27: We are at the infamous wedding.  It's expensive, it's extravagant, it's over the top and the chapter is really short.  The biggest drama at the wedding during the ceremony is that Wendell can't break the wine glass under the towel per the Jewish tradition, he even tumbles over trying to get it to break.  He does eventually succeed, but that's it.

Chapter 28: Clarissa and Nick enjoy the reception, but Clarissa just wants to get out of there, however she wants to come clean to her parents first.  Genelle tries to insult Nick and Clarissa and fails, however succeeds in revealing to Nick why Clarissa can't stand her.  She finally gets to talk to her parents but Dartmoor shows up announcing himself of her new boss and finding out that Clarissa hasn't told them about the Post closing and her new job, which he finds delicious.  Janet is angry and refuses to listen to Clarissa and instead wants to go and watch Wendell and Genelle first dance. 

Thoughts: I expected more from the wedding chapter, however the reception chapter was what I expected.  Nothing can go smooth for Clarissa.  I keep expecting Sam to show up but with 50 pages left in the book I don't see it happening.    

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment