Sunday, September 1, 2024

Concert: Foo Fighters

On July 21st, our busy 2024 concert tour rolled into Fenway Park for the Foo Fighters!  The best part is, I won these tickets.  Back in January I completed a listener survey for 98.9 WCLZ and was shocked on January 22, 2024 when I received an email that I had won a pair of tickets for this long sold out show!


Kate didn't care about going so I took Addison.  I chose Addison over Canaan because Canaan and I had the Hockey trip in March and we have two nights of Metallica coming up in August.  


Paul, Amanda, and Sammy also had tickets and rode down with us.  Traffic was wicked thick from Freeport south to Fenway and it took 4.5 hours to go the normal 2.5 hour trip.  We got to our parking spot when Amyl and the Sniffers were taking the stage and only caught the last two songs of their set.

The Hives were outstanding!  I knew more of their songs than I thought and they really knew how to put on a show and engage with the crowd. 



The Foo Fighters went on promptly at 730pm and put on a near 3 hours set!  I can't say I would make it a point to go to another Foo Fighters concert, I'm happy to have gone, but I don't NEED to go again. 




Set Lists

Foo Fighters - Everything or Nothing At All Tour
All My Life
No Son of Mine - with Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" snippets
Rescued
The Pretender
Walk
Times Like These
Generator
La Dee Da
Breakout
Band Introductions with snippets: Eruption / Thunderstruck / Sabotage / Keyboard Solo / Blitzkrieg Bop / March of the Pigs
My Hero
The Sky Is a Neighborhood
Learn to Fly
Arlandria
These Days
Skin and Bones - acoustic; Dave on guitar; Rami on accordion
Under You
Nothing at All
Shame Shame
This Is a Call
Monkey Wrench
Aurora
Best of You

Encore:
The Teacher
Everlong

The Hives
Bogus Operandi
Main Offender
Rigor Mortis Radio
Walk Idiot Walk
Good Samaritan
Stick Up
Try It Again
Hate to Say I Told You So
Trapdoor Solution
Bigger Hole to Fill
Countdown to Shutdown
Come On!
Tick Tick Boom

Amyl and The Sniffers
Balaclava Lover Boogie
Guided by Angels
Security
U Should Not Be Doing That
Got You
Hertz
Some Mutts (Can't Be Muzzled)


Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment