Friday, August 18, 2023

Concert: Guns N' Roses at Fenway Park 2021


August 3, 2021 Fenway Park, Boston, Massachusetts 

My Cousin-in-Law Jason and I made the journey south to Fenway Park to attend out first Guns N' Roses concert.  They played not far from my house back in 1993 when I was 13 and my mom would not let me go.   A couple months later and essentially did not reunite until 2016.  Yes a version of GnR toured but with Slash and Duff it wasn't GnR.  This show was the first opportunity that I had to attend a show.

It was originally schedule for July 21, 2020 but the pandemic delayed the show until August 3, 2021.  We had seats on the side, but it was amazing, no one can tell me otherwise.  



Before the delay Smashing Pumpkins was supposed to open for them, but post pandemic we got Mammoth WVH.  They were ok, I couldn't really hear them that well and I'd never heard their music before.


We got down there, and eventually found parking, what was cool is they had official merchandise stands all around Fenway park.  You didn't have to go to the show to buy merchandise, which is pretty smart actually.  We bought t-shirts the traditions Appetite for Destruction logo tour shirts and swapped out leaving the others in the van.  

Let's be honest, Axl doesn't sound like Axl from when I was a kid, but it's still Axl Rose, and Slash is AMAZING!!  Duff is tremendous too.  We got the new song Absurd, which was just ok.  I was very surprised that we got the cover of Velvet Revolvers "Slither" it's a great song.  I was very surprised to to hear Rocket Queen, I'm a big fan of that track.  






Guns N' Roses
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Slither - Velvet Revolver cover
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Live and Let Die
You're Crazy
Better
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
I Wanna Be Your Dog
Absurd
Civil War
Dead Horse
Slash Guitar Solo
Sweet Child O Mine
November Rain
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Night Train
Encore: Paradise City


Mammoth WVH
Don't Back Down
Mammoth
Mr. Ed
Talk & Walk
Think It Over
You're To Blame
Stone
Distance
Epiphany

All in all it was a fantastic day finally seeing one of my all time favorite bands live.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment