Saturday, August 29, 2020

Muppets

I grew up loving The Muppets.  I remember, every weekend, watching the Muppet Show, it was and is a fantastic half hour of entertainment.  Over the years I have watched all the movies, specials, and televisions series that have come out.


On the movie side of things, I have enjoyed them all each with their own uniqueness, with Muppet's From Space being my least favorite.  Honestly though I haven't watched Muppet's Take Manhattan in years, so I need to give it a re-watch.  If I had to pick a favorite it's the original Muppet Movie, followed closely by the Jason Segel written The Muppets.

I have also watched all of the shows over the years and this is where the Muppet's fail to capture the magic that was the original series.  I enjoyed Muppet's Tonight and The Muppets for what they were but they weren't great.
 

This new series, Muppets Now is the closest to what was so amazing about The Muppet Show.  I really hope the continue with this format, but I would like to see some more variety of sketches.  I wonder why they just haven't done the Muppet Show again with the same format? 

I grew up watching Sesame Street, of course, and when I discovered Jim Henson was behind Fraggle Rock I became and instant fan.  My all time favorite Muppet special is Muppet Family Christmas which combines all three of these amazing shows. We even get live action Muppet Babies!

I have watched other Jim Henson properties like Dinosaurs and The Dark Crystal, and although they are good, they aren't on the same level for me as the Muppets.

Until Next Time

1 comment:

  1. I like The Muppets, but I wouldn't consider myself a big fan. My favorite movie was the Jason Segel one, but I don't think I've see them all. I was slightly intrigued by the Disney+ series, but after this post I'll definitely be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete